Thursday, 27 March 2014

Glas Thol's Third Prong and Hayfork Gully

 The impressive cliffs of Glas Thol, on An Teallach
 
Needing sleep and feeling pretty tired this evening, so just photos today really. With little knowledge of current snow conditions in the wild North-West I took a gamble that some of the routes on An Teallach would be in condition after the big thaw. I was rewarded by an ascent of Third Prong (II), a good line, and a descent of the mighty Hayfork Gully (I***).

I really noticed just how much more spring-like it felt up there than 3 weeks ago, and then I remembered it is April on Tuesday..!


Third Prong (II) is the third gully from the left of the photo. A good route on mainly firm neve with one short ice pitch.
 

Almost fully mature Golden Eagle
 

Toll an Lochain, much less wintery than 3 weeks ago.
 

Looking down the massive wall that flanks Hayfork Gully (I***), my descent.
 


James

No comments:

Post a Comment