Saturday, 17 March 2012

Some photos from Skye (posted by James)


"The Needle", Quirang, Skye.


Something a wee bit different today. I've just spent the last two days exploring some of Skye's North coast with my girlfriend, and despite a disheartening weather forecast we were lucky and got some stunning views and even a little bit of sunshine.


Whenever I go to Skye usually I'm on climbing trips to the Cuillin, so it was refreshing to go somewhere different this time. The landscape of Trottenish and the Guirang is spectacular and bizarre in equal measure, like something straight out of Tolkien and unlike anywhere else I've been.


So here's a few photos from our trip - shame I didn't manage to get a shot of the golden eagle we saw at close quarters!


James


A sun halo over Meall na Suiramach



The pinnacled landscape of The Quinag



The Old Man of Storr


The view from Fir Bhreugach.



Crashing waves near Neist



Nicole and the cliffs at Neist


Neist point lighthouse




No comments:

Post a Comment