Friday, 16 December 2011

Snow and sunshine in Glencoe (posted by James)

A red deer silhouetted against the Aonach Eagach

I couldn't get out early this morning due to my car being in the garage, but it was such a beautiful day that once I was free I simply had to get out with my camera.


So I headed up the Lost Valley with a vague intention of having a look at the summit buttress of Beinn Fhada but decided against it due to lateness and the exhausting, deep crust of snow covering everything.


What a beautiful day. So far this winter days like this are a rarity…such a contrast to the 2009/10 winter when the blue skies and sunshine sometimes seemed endless.


So here's some pictures to wet your appetite if you haven't got out in the snow yet. Glencoe is looking absolutely stunning.



The Aonach Eagach looking grand


Ice falls on the East face of Gearr Aonach



Serious snow on Sgorr nam Fiannaidh






James

No comments:

Post a Comment