Saturday, 11 June 2011

Photos from the last 3 days (posted by James)


At last! Some good weather to speak of…


I've been lucky that a 3 day respite from the rain has coincided with my week long break from work, so I've been very busy having fun in the hills since wednesday. There's still been quite a few heavy rain and snow showers so it's been hillwalking, not climbing weather. My friend John and I finally got around to doing Lochnagar on wednesday - a nice walk and a landmark for John, leaving him only 30 Munros left to do.



The dark cliffs of Lochnagar


Just a tiny part of a huge herd of deer in Glen Muick

Then Stob Ban in the Grey Corries for me on thursday, one of the 'local' Munros which until now I've just never got around to. Snow falling, downpours and rainbows a plenty!


A dark sky over Stob Coire an Laoigh, Grey Corries



Large remaining snow patches on Aonach Beag




A beautiful dawn at Kinloch Laggan


And then yesterday I walked the "White Mounth" circuit above Loch Muick in the Eastern Cairngorms - a long (18 mile) but easy walk over 4 Munros with good views of the main Cairngorm plateau.


Carn a'Choire Bhoideach in the White Mounth


56 miles of hillwalking and 8 Munros in the last 7 days…it's been a good week!



A totally calm morning at Ardverikie near Loch Laggan



An amazing dawn on Loch Laggan


James

No comments:

Post a Comment