Saturday, 6 February 2010

Quality over quantity

Since moving to Glen Coe, my climbing strategy has been one of saturation: get out on the hill as often as is humanly possible, even in the worst weather. This has paid off, to an extent. I have got a great deal of climbing mileage in over the last year and a half, with over fifty winter climbs and more like a hundred and fifty rock climbs. However, there comes a point when quantity over quality is no longer satisfactory, and I believe I have reached that point.

Readers will no doubt have noticed that my frequency of posting has decreased of late, since I am getting out less often. Since New Year I have had a run of terrible luck, with quite a few failed excursions due to my enthusiasm in getting out regardless of weather. Recently I have decided to be more discerning over when I choose to go climbing, in the hope that exercising better judgement will lead to a higher proportion of excellent days on the hill.

So I may post less frequently from now on, but hopefully I will have more successes to report and fewer failures! The weather is looking excellent for next week.

2 comments:

  1. your posts are always good quality

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you can get out! You'll be getting cabin fever soon!

    ReplyDelete