Monday, 21 December 2009

New snow (lots of it!)

Over the past two days, snow has been falling to glen level in Glen Coe. There have been at least two freeze/thaw cycles on lower slopes, resulting in the formation of large quantities of ice. The River Etive was observed to be frozen over near to Buachaille Etive Mor, and Elliot's Downfall has begun to form on the West Face of Aonach Dubh ... it's that time of year again, folks! I just hope the frozen conditions remain until after the New Year, so I can enjoy the excellent water ice climbing that Glen Coe has to offer when it comes into condition.

This will probably be my last entry of 2009 as I am returning South until the New Year. Happy Christmas all!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Alex!!

    Just to let you know the URL for my Scottish Blog has changed to http://viewsof-scottishadventures.blogspot.com

    Also send me your tweeter name! Mine is SamMazMunro and I'm a little lonely over there at the moment!

    ReplyDelete