Friday, 30 October 2009

Winter to return next week?

October has turned out mild and wet--not unexpected, but a bit of a disappointment after last year's cold and snowy October. However, all the forecasts indicate large quantities of snow heading our way next week, probably forming accumulations on the mountains.

I had planned to make a rare visit to Wasdale Head next week, but given the atrocious forecast I am debating whether it might be wiser to adapt my plans. It's coming round to that time of year when the Cairngorms begin to present an appealing challenge again, and it has been a long time since my last failed attempt at Braeriach--maybe it's time I had another stab at it, if there's going to be snow!

Watch this space for news ... I very much hope winter is going to make a comeback within the following few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment