Wednesday, 21 October 2009

A new crag?





Another wander up to the neglected wild corners of Coire nam Beithach took me once again to the Pinnacle. This time I approached it from the top path, and this really hit home to me why this crag is unknown: it's virtually impossible to see from above, except from a distance.

I didn't climb anything new on the Pinnacle, but I did explore it thoroughly from all angles and seek out the best lines. There are some truly superb routes here waiting to be climbed.

I then traversed across the hill to find what I believe to be an entirely new crag, which I named Trafalgar Buttress in honour of today being Trafalgar Day. It is to the right of the Pinnacle, and is long and squat with a variety of ridge and gully lines up to about 15m high. It was fairly wet today, so I contented myself with a minor ascent which I named Nelson's Slab, a short Difficult line in a pleasant situation.

Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment