Wednesday, 20 May 2009

A slightly damp trip to Polldubh

Today we had a Clachaig staff trip to Polldubh, including myself, Paul, Jack, Ewelina and Morag. Ew and Morag had never climbed outside before, so I led up the Gutter and belayed both of them up the first pitch--much fun was had by all! The climbs were a little damp after some rain in the morning, so some of the ledges had puddles in and there were some wet seeps, but generally conditions were okay.

Jack and I also climbed Scratch VS 4c at SW Buttress. It was a very bold lead for Jack and felt very delicate on second. As my first ever VS it felt like an achievement even though I didn't lead it--I don't think I'd have the guts to lead a route with an unprotected crux like that!

We finished off by doing Tyke's Climb and finishing up Repton Ridge, one of the best Diffs in the glen after the Gutter, and my third time on the route.

No comments:

Post a Comment