Friday, 17 April 2009

Reiff and Sheigra




Winter has definitely come to an end in Glencoe, and the rock season has begun! With the promise of clean rock and warm weather, Isi and I travelled North with Jamie B and Lorraine to Reiff and Sheigra. On the first day we climbed loads of stuff at Reiff, including the classics Moonjelly VDiff*** and Tystie Slab VDiff***. Isi and I also got loads more Severe mileage under our belts which has improved our confidence on rock tremendously. We even managed a Hard Severe, the corner-route Meikle Neuk (Isi's lead).

After a full day at the crag we went and camped at Sheigra Bay, an idyllic spot with a good flat meadow for camping, despite a biting wind. The next day was spent spying out all the little geos and secret locations in the Sheigra cliffs. We climbed In the Pink (VD), Red Lead (Severe), and the excellent Tall Pall (Severe***), which was my lead. Tall Pall is located in the hidden Treasure Island area and featured a brilliant slab, an exposed traverse with dodgy footholds, and a steep wall to the top.

All in all an excellent little trip and a lot of good routes.

Photo album

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex
    Like your blog, was intresting reading about what ClimbUK feelings were on blogs, info,snow conditions, etc. I agree with you totally, I have had several folk comment on how usful mine is and I have had at least 2 clients booking on winter skills courses with me directly from the blog( I also have my own blog-Tarmachan.blogspot.com. Maybe see you in the Clachaig or on the hill. Have fun. Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Gary, glad to hear that you agree about the importance of online info. Your own blog has been useful throughout the season as well! Safe climbing

    ReplyDelete