Thursday, 12 February 2009

Conditions worsening

Today Isi and I got up early with the intention of walking into Coire nan Lochan and climbing SC Gully. However, it was snowing as we walked down the glen towards the car park, and the weather quickly got worse: driving wet snow and milder temperatures, which will obviously be having an adverse affect on snow stability. It was quite windy too and the mountains were clagged in.

We decided to sack it in before even starting the walk-in to the corrie. It's a miserable sort of day to be doing a climb as excellent as I anticipate SC Gully to be, and the prospect of fresh unstable windslab was not appealing.

Won't have any more chances to climb until next week in all likelihood ... fingers crossed that good conditions return!

No comments:

Post a Comment